Monday, August 16, 2010

Is my husband right or wrong?

My husband says that im stupid because he said that i dont know how to use the AC and that i dont understand how a thermostat works.


It is very hot and the airconditioning was off and i needed to turn it on and so i did. I turned it on 68 degrees, cold. But my husband got angry and said it should be 78 dgrees. the drees outside was 85 degrees and my daughter agreed with me that 78 was too hot.Is my husband right or wrong?
Your husband is WRONG. I am a guy and think that if it is 85 degrees outside there is no way it should be 78 degrees inside.Is my husband right or wrong?
if it's too cold go in the attic.


and if too warm run down to basement.





my ex used to make me wait for him in the garage.some days i would have to wait for him to get home to use the bathroom.
78 is way too hot, 68 is healthier, even doctors say cooler is better.
He is the stupid one for calling you stupid, and why are you allowing him to call you names? especially over something STUPID!
He is right. Set at 68 it will run constantly and your bill will be outrageous. We keep our air on 76 and our heat on 70.
It certainly doesn't make you stupid. Different people have different climate appeals.
LOLOL I can't believe we are talking about this LOL. I go for cold at night (68 degrees) I sleep better.....good nite Gracie!!
BETH, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WORK THE THERMOSTAT.........





Well if you live in a home and your therm is set to 68........THAT BILL WILL BE HIGH AS HELL......





If you are in a townhome or apt. it would not be as much....








But anyway, 68 is way to low.....YOU JUST WANT IT LIKE THAT B/C YOU ARE HOT RIGHT NOW.....76 IS VERY COOL WHEN THE AC IS BLASTING.....BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE THE HOME TIME TO COOL, CLOSE ALL THE WINDOWS, DOORS ETC.....
he was wrong for calling you stupid, however if you feel uncomfortable with not knowing things, take time to learn about them. I would say 68 degrees would be a good temp to put the AC on until it cooled the house down then put it on an amicable temp such as 78, perhaps you all need to sit down and talk about house rules and what is expected of one another
Make sure that all members of your household understand that saving energy is important.


Settings at your central thermostat are critical. Post a written reminder at the thermostat.





Summer 78 degrees (80 - 83 when away)


Winter 68 degrees (65 at night)





Discuss household energy practices. Place written reminders in prominent places (like the refrigerator). Get everyone on board with the effort.
Well he's wrong because you know how to work the AC. Maybe he is concerned about the enviorment and excessive power consumption. 78 is not uncomfortably hot to most people and much cooler than the 85 outside.
I usually set the AC thermostat for 65 until the room gets cool, then I might put it up to 72 so the air conditioner isn't running all the time. Everyone has different comfort zones. In the winter, our house is about 64 degrees and everyone is happy, so I figure that is about what I'm aiming for in the summer, too.





Your husband should not call you names just because he disagrees with you. It makes him look ignorant in the eyes of your daughter. A man should show his wife respect even if they disagree, just as you would show him respect as well.





Stay cool.
I run mine at 76 all year round, I find it saves me money than to be setting it up and down. This is also hard on your AC/Heat.
Your husband is WRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment