Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My husband says he's apostolic but doesn't follow all the beliefs I do. How do I stay married to him or do I.?

If you want a lonely sad life because of your religious beliefs I guess that's your problem. It's a shame you can't compromise the way your husband obviously has.My husband says he's apostolic but doesn't follow all the beliefs I do. How do I stay married to him or do I.?
Who takes their religious beliefs that seriously???





I've heard of Christians and atheists not getting along, Christians and Jews, different religions...but arguing over the minor nuances of Christianity itself? How petty are you?My husband says he's apostolic but doesn't follow all the beliefs I do. How do I stay married to him or do I.?
You stay married, by not getting divorced.





If he does not follow your beliefs, and that's important to you, then why did you marry him? What's changed?





Is he a good husband? If so, stay married.
I'd suggest divorce. He deserves better.
You stay married to him because you made serious vows at the time of the wedding. Reject the religion, not the marriage.
If you look at even the techings of your own religion the Apoostle Paul teaches that a believer should not divorce an unbelieving spouse (see First Corinthians). Your husband is not an unbeliever hie just believes a little differently than you. Jesus teaches us to love unconditionally (greek word is agape). Love your Husband for who he is and what he is (as long as he is not cheating on you or abusing you). And understand the shoe could be on the other foot and he could be thinking of leaving you because you don't believe exactly like him! I once thought like you but now realize that you will be very hard pressed to find a mate who believes exactly as you do.
No marriage is ever made stronger by one trying to control the other. It isn't your job to make your husband believe what you believe. It is your responsibility to love, support, and encourage him as the man God has joined you to. And, it is God who works in him to will and to do of His good pleasure. God has begun a work in your husband and HE will do it, not you.





Most often, when we think someone else needs to change, we are the ones who need to change. You and your husband are on a path together, stay together. Let him work out his own salvation and you rest in God's ability to bring revelation to both of you where needed.





Blessings
';I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.';(Matthew 19:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment