Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I get my husband to eat healthier?

My husband is the unhealthiest eater I've ever seen in my life. He'd rather eat cookies and chips for dinner than the yummy home cooked meals I make. He's 24 and pretty healthy and at a healthy weight right now. He's also in the military, so he's kinda forced to work out three times a week. But I'm afraid for his health in the long run. He had a family history of diabetes and heart attacks. I'd really like to keep my husband around and kicking for a long time. Any suggestions?How can I get my husband to eat healthier?
You can't get your husband to change his eating habits; only he can do that. The best you can do is to keep healthy foods in the house, eat well yourself, and love him as he is. It is probably ok for you to tell your husband that you wish he'd try to eat a bit more healthy, but even this can be tricky, because if you nag he will tune you out. Maybe you could try a bit of positive reinforcement; be sure to let him know how much you love it when he takes the time to enjoy a meal that you prepare.....that a man who loves your cooking is sexy and gets you going.....:)How can I get my husband to eat healthier?
At that age they not gonna listen. Especially being in the military. Maybe start studying up on diabetes and heart conditions and leaving reading material around the house. When he asks about it tell him you are preparing for the future. Also tell him you want additional life insurance on him, and hope they won't rule his inevitable death on suicide.





Boy I can just imagine the hell you'd catch for not having junkfood in the house. If you are gonna go that route make it very gradual.
My x ate like that when he was in the military but he also learned enough self discipline that when he looked in the mirror and saw fat he was able to get himself under control..I don't think you have a problem until he gains the weight and he may notice and take care of it himself.
He's an adult and will eat as he chooses. Prepare healthy meals at home and don't keep junk food around the house. That way you'll have done your part. If he wants to eat less healthy items, he'll have to get them elsewhere. Junk food isn't bad if it's an occasional thing and not ones daily diet.
When you go to the grocery store, DO NOT put bags of chips and packages of cookies in your shopping cart.





Then tell him that every time he eats a cookie, that's one week of no sex. He'll straighten out fast unless he married you to cover up his gayness.
get rid of all cookies and chips ... and he'll be forced to eat healthier at home...


:)





pls mine seriously pls... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao10V0pjSk382UbrFRNUCALsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20091227042508AA3Df4a
To to put some good things in front of hium. If he refuses to eat well,. love him the way he is. IN fact, you can learn to make healthy cookies.
Try to get him to eat a few healthy things a day then try to increase it slowly. That's about all i know but if all else fails just use sex to get him to eat healthier.
get him to know some other people who seem to be unhealthy after eating unhealthy food!


and


change his diet plan and reduce calories like hell!


also


use calorie-less sugar..!


he'll be so.... FIT soon..!
You can't.





He will change when he is good %26amp; ready.
Try to advice him and talk to him that it is good for him.
Cook healthy meals and don't buy junk food.
find somethin that tastes like cookies an chips but that's healthy?
Dont get too attached to his current figure
I have the same problem with my husband. I insist that we prepare vegetables with every meal...but what happens? He just doesn't serve himself vegetables. Instead he fills his entire plate with the entree. Then if our kids complain they don't like vegetables, he won't make them eat them, and allows them to fill up on the main course. An hour later the kids want a snack. If I'm not standing right there to say no, he usually says yes. II fight it, but I have no voice on the subject. My husband sometimes eats a bowl of chips an hour before dinner (at least he isn't still eating out of the bag, as I told him that is a bad influence on the kids).





We even took a nutrition class together (my husband and I). It has had no effect.





I suppose I will just be a young widow. I try to not dwell on it or think about it. Sometimes it really upsets me. Then I figure it is his life/body so he can do what he wants. I resent it though. When he's dead of heart disease I'm going to be really mad at him. :-/





I agree with the previous posts. Keep junk food to a minimum in the house. That's all you can do. Too bad we can't buy a television that runs on treadmill power. As much time as my husband spends in front of the TV, he'd be rail thin in 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment