Monday, August 16, 2010

How can I find out more about a certain relative?

I want to find out more about a certain relative of mine. I know a lot about her from my grandma but i want to go more in depth. And some of the information I have leads me to a dead end. I know she came through Ellis Island when she was15 but Ellis island website and that other steve one doesn't have her or her husband. can I find someone who shares her as an ancestor? how can I do that?How can I find out more about a certain relative?
I would suggest that if she migrated to the US and if you can't find her on ellis island then she didn't come via there, unless she was missed when records where transcribed onto database.............Where do you think she came from? Could she be older or younger than you think...so look at different dates. Do a search on familysearch on the IGI, it may give you something like a birth place, then you can look at parish records for baptism in the area or census returns..and if you have another name ( her husband ?) I am presuming you mean her future husband as she was only 15 years old and you can't find him either....I am also presuming they met while migrating.....so if he is not on the passenger lists then it maybe neither of them arrived when you think they did...maybe it was their parents who migrated and not them, or they arrived via another country...so look at passenger lists from other countriesHow can I find out more about a certain relative?
You can post her name here and someone may be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment