Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How should a Muslim husband deal with his wife's inlaws from a previous marriage?

I am a new Muslim convert who was widowed and we have a son. My new husband is having a hard time accepting my deceased husband's parents. They are in my life due to my son, they are my son's grandparents. They live in a different state and only see my son about twice a year. My current husband is worried that if we have children, God willing, he doesn't know how to explain it to our kids (why my son has different grandparents, etc.) and he's having trouble with it. Any suggestions?How should a Muslim husband deal with his wife's inlaws from a previous marriage?
OOpppps. edited.


Anyway, He should tell them the truth. I dont see why it would be so hard. What does he think will be so hard about it? Its not like he would be telling them they are aliens or anything. They are just his other grandparents, and you were married before but he died. Kids are very simple and accepting when taught to be that way. No need to complicate things with our own preconcieved ideas about what normal is. Just tell them the simple truth and it will be fine.How should a Muslim husband deal with his wife's inlaws from a previous marriage?
There is nothing wrong with explaining to your kids that you where once married and your first husband died. In every religion its okay to married once the other one has passed. I mean you thought you where going to spend the rest of your life with someone else first. Everything happens for a reasons and you shouldn't be scared of a past everyone has one good or bad you except them for them.
  • natural hair
  • black hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment