Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How was your period after coming off of birth control?

I came off of the pill this month as my husband and I have decided to try for another child. Tests have confirmed that Im not pregnant so im just wondering when Im going to start. As of now Im 4 days late. How long did it take for your periods to begin after stopping the pill? I was only on it for 3 months and 3 days.How was your period after coming off of birth control?
well, i was on the pill a lot longer (5.5 years). I stopped in January, and it took 48 days for me to get my first real period. My next cycle, it only took 34 days.





I would expect that you would get yours in the next week or so. If you want to know when you ovulate next cycle and thus when to expect your period (or a pos pregnancy test), you could start using ovulation tests OR start charting your basal body temp. I use fertilityfriend.com to chart and love it. I started it when I stopped the pill so I wouldnt have to sit around wondering when id get my period! If it's something youd consider doing, heres my chart to take a look at. The chart at the bottom of the page shows my first cycle off of birth control: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2c49鈥?/a>





Good luck!How was your period after coming off of birth control?
It depends a lot on how regular your periods were before. I was on bc last year for about a year and my cycles were 45 days after coming off of birth control. This time I was on Seasonique for almost a year as well. I expected a very big delay in my first period since I only had one every 3 months on that pill. I had a withdrawl bleed and then my period came exactly 30 days later. It will probably come this week. They say it is generally best to wait one full cycle before TTC because a lot of times if you do conceive the first cycle off of bc, it ends in miscarriage. Start using opks about 5 days this next cycle. 2 days before you would normally ovulate, and 2 days after. These will help determine when to try. Good luck and baby dust your way!
My first period came like 6 days late and then the next month i had 2 periods. The first came 17 days after the first months period and then the 2nd came a week after the one in the beginning of the month. Then the next month it came regular. Ive been off the pill for about 9 months now. My period is slightly irregular. My period comes within 27-36 days. Before the pill i was pretty regular. I was on the pill for a year. It could effect you differently but it usually takes about 3 months to get a regular cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment