Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I start an HVAC business with my husband as a consultant and employees doing the actual work?

My husband is a very experienced HVAC technician and we need more income but he doesn't want to leave his current job for the government since it is enjoyable hours and nice benefits. I am wondering if I can start an HVAC business and hire techs to do the actual labor and my husband can be a consultant resource. Do I need an HVAC license to actually own the business even if I am not doing any hands on work? What if my husband has the license? I would be the business manager and scheduler.How can I start an HVAC business with my husband as a consultant and employees doing the actual work?
Almost anyone can own a business and some that do know nothing about how the work is done. You may as the owner be required to have a contractor's Licenses. Showing that you know the laws as they relate to this field/ This may be different in your state. Your responsibility to the business as the owner would be to provide good service to your customers. Have you looked at the costs of starting this? Are you going to buy the employees trucks to drive? What are your Cost for insurance? Dont forget Liability, if you drop a 10ton AC thru a roof how are you protected? Do you have 2 years of capital to run the company if you dont make a penny? Good luck I hope this helps!
  • natural hair
  • black hair
  • 1 comment:

    Bushra shaikh said...

    This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    hvac tech

    Post a Comment